Stillwell House Fine Art & Antiques opened their original gallery in Manalalapan, NJ in June of 2003. This former location is the site of an authentic early 19th century farmstead and also a State of New Jersey Farmland Preserve, which is located on bustling Route 9. Gallery owners Ronald Knox and Paul Gallagher renovated the 175 year old farm house before opening to become the perfect showcase for a hand-picked collection of pre-industrial revolution era Antiques and select works of Art. The thoughtful and lovely transformation earned Stillwell House their first accolade in the form of the 2004 Preservation Award from the Monmouth County Historical Commission. After weathering the Great Recession, in 2010 Stillwell House Fine Art & Antiques filmed two test pilot reels for Leftfield Entertainment, the original production company for the well-known reality TV show "Pawn Stars". The business owners wished to continue to focus on the daily business of the Shop, but the concepts from the pilot reels were picked up and eventually became shows that were aired on cable TV. In 2011 they sold the Estate of the famous American Artist Leon Dabo (1864-1960), an event so newsworthy that it was covered in the New York Times with nearly a full page article. Stillwell House Fine Art & Antiques is also proud to be included in many important books and publications including "Retail Business: Entrepreneur's Step-By-Step Startup Guide", by Entrepreneur Press, "A History of American Tonalism, 1880-1920", by David Adams Cleveland, "The Drawings of Leon Dabo" by Sullivan Goss, "The Pastels of Leon Dabo; Essays by William H Gerdts , Dr. Cody Hartley , Frank Goss and Nathan Vonk", published by Sullivan Goss, and "Leon Dabo Florals", by Sullivan Goss. In 2013 they participated in the Montclair Art Museum's 100 year anniversary show entitled "The New Spirit, American Art in The Armory Show , 1913" in Montclair, NJ.
After a complete gut-level, top to bottom renovation, Stillwell House Fine Art & Antiques re-opened in their new home in April of 2015 in the heart of the Arts, Antiques, and Design District at 212 West Front Street in Red Bank, New Jersey.
The original location in Manalapan, NJ is now closed.